The Sheep River Health Trust began as a women’s auxiliary, raising money for the Oilfields General Hospital through small funding efforts. In 1994 the Oilfields Foundation was established as a registered charitable organization to raise funds for the hospital and the adjoining senior’s long term care facility, Rising Sun Long Term Care, in Black Diamond.
In 2004 Okotoks region was added to the Oilfields Foundation mandate. The Oilfields / Okotoks Foundation was renamed to the Sheep River Health Trust. The organization has expanded its services from funding equipment purchases to also supporting wellness programs and facilitating health services.
The Sheep River Health Trust is dedicated to supporting the provision of comprehensive health services in the Foothills area. The Health Trust aims to promote health and wellbeing throughout our local communities by working in partnership with the residents of the area.
The SRHT is a registered charitable organization which raises funds to support health services and wellness programs for the residents of Longview, Black Diamond, Turner Valley, Millarville, DeWinton, Okotoks, and the surrounding rural area.
The Sheep River Health Trust raises funds to promote health and wellness in our community.
Changing Lives through Wellness
- Wellness – Includes physical, mental and spiritual Health and wellness is the responsibility of all of us. The Trust’s mission is to secure the resources and services that deliver wellness.
- Philanthropy – Encourages and fosters financial generosity and volunteerism of residents and businesses in our
- Compassion – Ensuring each decision is based on compassion for individuals and families in need.
- Engagement – The Trust provides opportunities for members of its community and AHS staff to collaborate in planning meaningful activities, programs and services that achieve the objectives of the SRHT.
- Respect – Each member of our community is valued; the Trust especially respects its donors, its volunteers and staff of Albert Health Services who serve our The Trust provides a positive work environment for its employees, volunteers and Directors.
- Diversity & Inclusion – All members of our communities are Together we strive to create a happy and healthy community.
- Accountability – The Trust is fully transparent and accountable to the community through its operations and activities, and as a respected non-governmental organization, which reports on its performance annually to the community.